The Disburse Owner Amounts screen automates the allocation and processing of the rental income due to the owners. The rental income due from each reservation will automatically trigger to this screen once it meets the set disbursement rule. The amounts are derived from reservations and other income/expenditure sources. The amount can be overridden by entering a new amount in the Balance Due To Owner column prior to processing.
Before proceeding to disburse the owner amounts, please ensure that the disbursement rule has been applied to each booking category. Please click here to see the User Manual on Disbursement Rules.
To disburse the rental income to the owners, go to:
- Accounting > End of Month Process
- Disburse Owner Amounts
Click the "Refresh" button to load the available bookings that are ready to be processed:
If no bookings appear, please ensure that the booking has met the EXACT disbursement rule that has been applied against the Booking Category. The booking will not appear until the exact rule has been met. Please click here to see the User Manual on Disbursement Rules.
Disburse Owner Amounts Screen
The table displays all of the bookings that are ready to be processed to the Owners Account.
It is important to verify that all of the financial information against each booking is correct before processing it. As a short-cut, click the "Total Booking Summary" icon to quickly access the booking to make any changes from this screen:
It is recommended to open the Total Booking Summary and open the "Show Cals" report to see a breakdown of all the financials and what is due to the Property Manager versus the owner.
The table includes important financial information such as:
- The amount paid by the guest and the booking total
- The commission due to the Property Manager and third party commission if applicable
- The pool heat amount that can be split between the Property Manager and the owner.
- The Balance due to the Owner is the amount that will be credited to the Owners Account. This amount can be overridden by selecting the field and typing a new amount
Process Rental Income
To process the rental income:
- Select the applicable bookings to process using the check-box in the first column
- Specify the statement date/rule. This determines when the amounts should be posted to the account. Typically, if the Property Manager is sending the rental income based on the departure date of the booking, they would be select "Departure date." This means, this reservation would appear on the statement of the month of the departure date
- Choose to "Include then deduct MC commissions" - if checked, a new line item will appear on the statement showing the Property Manager's commission amount for each reservation. When unchecked the commission amount is not displayed nor included in the amount to owner
- “Split out pool heating in owner account?” - Allows a specified portion of the pool heat charged to the guest to be split between the owner and the PMC. When checked, this will itemize the portion of the Pool Fee that is due to the owner on the statement.
- “Split out cleaning fee in owner account?” - Allows a specified portion of the cleaning fee charged to the guest to be split between the owner and the PMC. When checked, this will itemize the portion of the Cleaning Fee that is due to the owner on the statement.
- Click "Process Selected"
After processing, the reservations will be removed from this screen and will appear on the Owner's Account to credit them for the rental income.
If the Property Manager included the commission, one line item will reflect the rental income including the commission, and the second line item will show the commission as a debit for the owner to see the amount deducted.
The Ending Balance reflects the new amount due to the owner.
What if a booking is canceled or a partial refund is issued to the guest after disbursing the rental income?
When a full or partial refund is issued to the guest, it is important to update the grand total of the booking to reflect the new amount that the guest has paid. This way, the system can calculate the new amount due to the owner. The booking will once again trigger to the "Disburse Owner Amounts" screen if there is a discrepancy between the booking total versus the amount already credited to the owner. From the screen, the total will reflect the difference to re-disburse to the Owner's Account.
Rental income can also be processed for canceled bookings if proceeds are still due to the owner from the "Disburse Owner Amounts" screen. A check-box will appear in the "Canceled' column to indicate that it is a canceled booking.