Prior to generating owner statements, it is important to configure the disbursement rule. The rule is applied to each booking category and is what tells the system when to trigger the rental income that is due to the owner for each booking.
The system can disburse rental revenue to the owner’s statements based on the rule applied to each booking category. This efficient method provides a more automated solution to owner accounting.
To access this screen, go to:
- Account Settings
- User Account
- Settings Assistant
Next, navigate to "Booking Categories" from the drop-down menu:
There is no need to individually credit the owners account for each reservation for each property one by one. These are the disbursement rules to choose from:
- Arrival date has passed, regardless of payment amount received
- Departure date has passed, regardless of payment amount received
- Arrival date has passed and payments received >= Booking Total
- Departure date has passed and payments received >= Booking Total
- Pro-rate owner amount based on date period (If full payment received)
- Pro-rate owner amount based on date period, regardless of payment received
For example, the Property Manager may choose to disburse the rental income only once the guest has departed and paid in full. Therefore, would select the "Departure Date has passed and payments received" rule. The booking will ONLY trigger to the disbursement screen if it meets this rule.
For long term bookings, the Property Manager may choose to pro-rate the rental amount so it can be divided by the number of nights in each month based on the duration of the booking.